Kevin Blackney was delighted to participate in the ribbon cutting dedication of the new Watson Dormitory at Williamson College on Saturday June 3rd. Kevin, a graduate of Williamson, is shown here with Steve Cava of WB Homes and Marie Watson, wife of former Board Chairman Wayne Watson and Ray Drulik, President of the Class of 2018.
The Watson Dormitory is the first new dormitory built on the campus of Williamson College since 1912. The building is named after Wayne Watson, a… Williamson graduate and long-time Board chair. Wayne passed away in 2016.
The new dormitory, designed by Blackney Hayes Architects, is situated adjacent to the six original buildings designed by renowned Philadelphia Architect Frank Furness in 1890. BHA’s design reflects the desire of Williamson College and Mr. Watson, which is to ensure that the new dormitory emulates the original structures on campus.