This project consisted of numerous buildings throughout the neighborhood. The central focus of the project was the former St. Anthony’s School, which was converted into elderly housing. An 1860’s example of Victorian institutional architecture, this building was the jewel of the project. The surrounding homes were all two-story, and many were abandoned in stages of collapse.
A master plan was created for the area. Many buildings surrounding the school were demolished, along with decaying rowhouses. The result was 38 units in the historic school building, surrounded by a park-like sitting area, and 15 renovated houses.
38 Units / 15 Renovated Houses