Anderson Hall, originally built in 1938, is situated in the heart of West Chester University (WCU) campus and is considered the University’s largest classroom facility. This project involved extensive interior renovations that include classrooms, laboratory space, faculty offices, IT help desk, conference rooms, lounges, and other support spaces. This renovation enabled the University to bring the facility up to today’s standards and to help accommodate a growing student population.
This building, having undergone multiple minor renovations throughout the years, was ready for a large transformation, with this renovation being the most substantial. Office spaces were reconfigured for more efficient and useable layouts. New modern life safety infrastructure was added, such as a full building sprinkler system and a mass notification voice alarm. Updated audio/visual technology in classrooms were included to enhance connectivity capabilities, such as lecture recording and video conferencing. New large luminous ceiling surfaces adjacent to the Student Lounge and faculty offices were installed to mimic the change in natural daylighting one would perceive throughout the day.
West Chester Downtown Foundation - Preservation Award